Terms and Conditions Agreement
Thank you for your interest in having your voice heard on www.entitled-millennial.com (“The Entitled Millennial”), which is owned by The Entitled Millennial, LLC (“we” or “us”). Before we can accept any Content from you now or in the future, please confirm that you have read and agree to this Submissions Agreement (“Agreement”), which will govern any Content that you provide to us that is accepted for publication on The Entitled Millennial. As used in this Agreement, "Content" means any articles, content, or other materials that you submit to us. We reserve the right to publish or not publish any Content you submit.
To better manage the rights associated with your Article, and to provide optimal access to it, we believe that you (the “Author”) should hold the copyright to your Article, but that you should grant to the Journal appropriate rights to use your Article for the benefit of the scholarly community. The parties believe that this arrangement will properly serve our shared interest in reaching the largest readership possible. To that end, the parties agree as follows:
1. In exchange for our providing you with this platform for expression and with potential exposure to The Entitled Millennial readers, which you agree is valuable consideration, you grant us a non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free license to use, publish, reproduce, modify, adapt, license, sublicense, distribute, sell, perform, translate, and display your Content (including any drawings, images, sounds, video recordings, or other data embedded in your Content and including adaptations or derivative works based on your Content) for any purpose, in any language, and in any manner or medium (now existing or hereafter developed) (the “Rights”). All Rights granted to us pursuant to this Agreement are irrevocable and vest immediately upon publication of your Content on The Entitled Millennial. You retain ownership of the copyright in your Content, subject to the rights granted to us in this Agreement. If you decide to republish your Content elsewhere, you agree to include the following disclosure: “Previously published by The Entitled Millennial at www.entitled-millennial.com.”
2. Author does not assign the Copyright. Nothing in this Agreement shall be construed as an assignment of the copyright in the Article to the Journal.
3. License to the Journal. The Author hereby licenses to the Journal the irrevocable, nonexclusive, and royalty-free rights as follows:
3.1 The Journal may publish the Article in any format, including electronic and print media. Specifically, this license includes the right to reproduce, publicly distribute and display, and transmit the Article or portions thereof in any manner, through any medium now in existence or developed in the future, including but not limited to print, electronic, and digital media, computerized retrieval systems, and other formats.
3.2 The Journal may prepare translations and abstracts and other similar adaptations of the Article in furtherance of its publication of the Article.
3.3 The Journal may use the Author’s name, likeness, and institutional affiliation in connection with any use of the Article and in promoting the Article or the Journal.
3.4 The Journal may exercise these rights directly or by means of third parties. The Journal may authorize third-party publishers and aggregators to publish the Article or to include the Article in databases or other services.
3.5 The Journal may without further permission from the Author transfer, assign, or sublicense the rights that the Journal has pursuant to this Agreement.
3.6 This license of rights to the Journal shall take effect immediately. In the event that the Journal does not publish the Article, this license to the Journal shall terminate upon written notification by the Journal to the Author, or upon termination of all publication by the Journal. To the extent that moral rights may apply to the Article, this agreement does not affect the moral rights of the Author in or to the Article.
4. Rights of the Author. Without suggesting any limit on other rights that the Author may have with respect to the Article, the Author retains the following rights. To the extent that the Journal holds similar rights with respect to the Article consistent with this Agreement, the Author shall hold these rights on a nonexclusive basis. To the extent that the Article includes edits and other contributions by the staff of the Journal, the rights of the Author in this Paragraph include the right to use such edits and contributions.
4.1 The Author may publish the Article in another scholarly journal, in a book, or by other means. The Author may exercise this right of publication only after the date of first publication of the Article in the Journal in any format.
4.2 The Author shall, without limitation, have the right to use the Article in any form or format in connection with the Author’s teaching, conference presentations, lectures, other scholarly works, and for all of Author’s academic and professional activities.
4.3 The Author shall at any time have the right to make, or to authorize others to make, a preprint or a final published version of the Article available in digital form over the Internet, including, but not limited to, a website under the control of the Author or the Author’s employer or through digital repositories including, but not limited to, those maintained by scholarly societies, funding agencies, or the Author’s employer. This right shall include, without limitation, the right of the Author to permit public access to the Article as part of a repository or through a service or domain maintained by the Author’s employing institution or a service as required by law or by agreement with a funding agency.
4.4 Any of the foregoing permitted uses of the Article, or of a work based substantially on the Article, shall include an appropriate citation to the Article, stating that it has been or is to be published in the Journal, with name and date of the Journal publication and the Internet address for the website of the Journal.
5. Author’s Representations. The Author represents and warrants that the Author owns the copyright in the Article. The Author represents and warrants that the Article has not been published before, constitutes the Author’s own original work, and does not violate, in whole or in part, any existing copyright. The Author also represents and warrants that to the best of the Author’s knowledge and belief, the Article does not defame, invade the privacy of, violate the civil rights of, or otherwise infringe the rights of any person. The Author represents and warrants that the Author has full power to enter this Agreement and to convey the rights herein granted. If the Article has more than one author, the Author by signing below represents that he or she has authority to act on behalf of all other authors.
6. Editing of the Article. This Agreement is subject to the understanding that the ordinary editing processes of the Journal will be diligently pursued and that the Article will not be published by the Journal unless, in its final form, it is acceptable both to the Author and to the Journal.
7. Jurisdiction. This Agreement shall be construed as a contract made under the laws of the State of California, and copyright issues shall be governed by the federal law of the United States.
8. Merger. This Agreement constitutes the sole expression of all understandings between the Author and the Journal with respect to the Journal's agreement to publish the Article and with respect to copyright and republication rights. This Agreement shall not be modified.